Friday, June 29, 2007

A Place for Friends

Hello Friends,

As this blog gets going I want to let all of my friends, relatives, and acquaintances know that I have put this blog up as part of my purpose in life. God has given me certain passions and abilities, and given all the guidance and knowledge I have been blessed with in college I believe that this blog is part of my ministry on earth.

Therefore, I want to tackle issues and current events coming from the perspective that I am a Christian and an American, and a person, alive, on this planet, at this time in history. And so are a lot of all the people I know. If they are not a Christian or an American they are still all the other things. What I want to do, together with whomever will join me is recognize that we live in God's creation. It was once created good, but human beings disobeyed God and brought about the Fall. This has significant consequences for how we must address our world's problems.

I think then that the only way to approach issues is from the true realist perspective. The perspective that God does exist, he cares for his creation, we have been given characteristics of his image/personality, we corrupted that gift, Jesus innitiated the restoration of God's creation, but the time has not yet come when this redemptive act will be completed.

So, we must live in the meantime. I ask that all my friends continue to participate in the discussions that I will post on this blog, and that we can somehow strengthen our voices together and begin to shape real change in this country.

I can only hope that what you read about, write about, and think about in this blog will bring you to do something. Write letters to people, certainly pray for people and events, and get involved locally and nationally with organizations and with your vote.

Finally, I just want to thank all of the people I know for how you have contributed to my life and learning, and I can only hope that we can focus on things that challenge our world today and discover the wisdom necessary to be salt and light in this world.

God bless,

Jason Weakley

No comments: